Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pop-Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Official Blink 182 Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327692)

ChodaBoy 04-12-2005 04:29 PM

We cant make a thread yet, they've not even made any songs

Untitled 04-12-2005 04:37 PM

There already is one.

10571z 04-12-2005 05:36 PM

have u heard it wats it called

cobert 04-12-2005 05:41 PM

No, theres already a thread about them. They havent made any songs yet.

sweetdude 04-12-2005 05:48 PM

i guys im new my names peter im 13 from san diego. my fav bands blink 182 and yellowcard.

10571z 04-12-2005 05:50 PM

cooooooool

cobert 04-12-2005 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=sweetdude]i guys im new my names peter im 13 from san diego. my fav bands blink 182 and yellowcard.[/QUOTE]

welcome to the boards. Read the rules and enjoy....:thumb:

dancetomdance182 04-12-2005 05:56 PM

Did anyone hear the intro song to Meet the Barkers? It's actually pretty nice. I'm waiting for a full version to come out.

Virus278 04-12-2005 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=dancetomdance182]I think someone should make a Plus44 thread..? Anyway, I like the blink thread, it kept me active in this site.[/QUOTE]

well, if there was a plus 44 thread what would we talk about in there? - ya, and what u said about the blink thread is right - it kept me active in this forum as well

roofee0 04-12-2005 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=RazorsInTheNight]In my opinion Travis Barker should have stayed with The Aquabats...[/QUOTE]

Fasho.

Virus278 04-12-2005 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=dancetomdance182]Did anyone hear the intro song to Meet the Barkers? It's actually pretty nice. I'm waiting for a full version to come out.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it was pretty cool

Virus278 04-12-2005 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=Virus278]well, if there was a plus 44 thread what would we talk about in there? - ya, and what u said about the blink thread is right - it kept me active in this forum as well[/QUOTE]

oh, there is one

cobert 04-12-2005 08:20 PM

/me gots dude ranch yesterday
/me still prefers cheshire cat or self titled

roofee0 04-12-2005 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=pazz_10]I don't think it was right to close the Official Thread on us so early. We had been on topic farily good(which is a surprise). Is there any way we could protest to bring back the Blink 182 Thread. It doesn't feel right in here. I had over 500 posts in that thread their closing it off so, no one can reply anymore, it's stupid. But, I think we should protest against it. I know it sounds retarded but, I think we should.[/QUOTE]

One of the points of closing it(I think) was because half the people in there only posted in there and nowhere else in this forum.

cobert 04-12-2005 08:35 PM

yeah, thats it. There was talk of closing the discussion thread, but that would just be harmful.

Independent_CA 04-13-2005 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=dancetomdance182]Did anyone hear the intro song to Meet the Barkers? It's actually pretty nice. I'm waiting for a full version to come out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, its pretty rad.

[QUOTE]
/me gots dude ranch yesterday
/me still prefers cheshire cat or self titled[/QUOTE]
Dude Ranch will grow on you my friend.

10571z 04-13-2005 02:01 AM

yeh dude ranch is the bomb i love it so much. it made mark quit smoking

visit [url]http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=22482[/url]

LOSBassist 04-13-2005 08:07 AM

does ne 1 know the story behind Adam's Song (if there is one) I've always wondered. tell me if you know for sure what it is.

Agent_Orange 04-13-2005 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=Independent_CA]How do you know its a real copy?[/QUOTE]

If you ever get a copy of flyswatter the only way to tell if it's the original is the caset itself. If it's not a casset tape then it's not an original because they didn't produce them on to CD. I know for sure mine is one of the originals or a really **** good fake. It even has the name and address of the recording studio they had it made at.

Agent_Orange 04-13-2005 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=flfbassist]I refuse to believe what any magazine or TV show has to say about Blink's break. I refuse to belive that my all time favorite band has called it quits until i hear it from Blink themselves. Magazines and tv shows always seem to switch words around, making people believe false things. The sad thing about it is that there are dumb people out there that believe everything the mags and tv had to say. Well enless i hear "Blink-182 is no more" from either tom, mark, or travis' mouth, then i dont believe it. All these mags and shows keep talking about their break up, yet we dont hear anything from blink themselves. Blink loves their fans and would never keep them in the dark, especially about something as serious as this.[/QUOTE]

I think they have been having problems since Boxcar Racer. Hince the long break between the TOYPAJ tour and the new blink record. I just think it was starting to get to them all the touring and producing they were doing. I mean come on if you did nothing but toured and wrote for 10 or so years you would get tired of it and need a break and to explore other things. I mean look at it this way. Green Day has been around longer than blink and are just now getting to where blink was when they put out Enema of the State. Don't get me wrong I love GD but it just took them longer. Blink has really mad some remarkable accomplishments as a band and it's time for a break. I do not see them breaking up for good and never getting back togather. I'll give them 2-3 years to work things out then we'll al get to see the old blink come back and bust some more asss.

Agent_Orange 04-13-2005 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=LOSBassist]does ne 1 know the story behind Adam's Song (if there is one) I've always wondered. tell me if you know for sure what it is.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure but I think Adams Song and Stay Togather for the Kids was about when Marks and dad divorced when he was in his teens. I think don't hold me to it.

Independent_CA 04-13-2005 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=TomDelonge182]If you ever get a copy of flyswatter the only way to tell if it's the original is the caset itself. If it's not a casset tape then it's not an original because they didn't produce them on to CD. I know for sure mine is one of the originals or a really **** good fake. It even has the name and address of the recording studio they had it made at.[/QUOTE]
I know they didn't make it on CD, but I thought there were some fakes out there on cassette. Maybe not though. Good job to you for getting that if it was real.

Independent_CA 04-13-2005 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=TomDelonge182]I think they have been having problems since Boxcar Racer. Hince the long break between the TOYPAJ tour and the new blink record. I just think it was starting to get to them all the touring and producing they were doing. I mean come on if you did nothing but toured and wrote for 10 or so years you would get tired of it and need a break and to explore other things. I mean look at it this way. Green Day has been around longer than blink and are just now getting to where blink was when they put out Enema of the State. Don't get me wrong I love GD but it just took them longer. Blink has really mad some remarkable accomplishments as a band and it's time for a break. I do not see them breaking up for good and never getting back togather. I'll give them 2-3 years to work things out then we'll al get to see the old blink come back and bust some more asss.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to disagree, Green Day is ahead of blink by a few years. They hit "EOTS Status" back between '93 and '95 with Dookie and Insomniac. Nimrod was ok, but not quite as great as those two albums, Warning was ok, Shennanigans just plain sucked for the most part, and the new album is really good. It sort of marks their return as a band. I read an interview with Billy Joe where he said that before they recorded, they all basically sat down and said "We're 34, why the hell are we still doing this, and you remember that thing you said to me when we were 17? That was not cool." So you see, after a kind of long break, they worked out their differences and made a comeback.

AlkoholikMouse 04-13-2005 11:23 AM

Anyone else think its a bit wierd how Travis as a person is the most punk of all of them, yet when he joined their music got poppier? The maturity of the self titled album is a good change.

I can definately say that the thread for Mark's new band (cant remember their name right now) will end up with more Blink discussion than its own.

Living In Context 04-13-2005 11:23 AM

hi, im new on the forum and since i cant start threads yet i thought id ask here, can anyone find me a correct tab for the snare toll thing that travis does after the first clean chorus in 'Feeling This'. or should should i go buy the sheet music?

felch182 04-13-2005 11:31 AM

go buy the sheet mesic, or just keep listening to the tab. When did blink write dude ranch, was it when they were struggling or when they semi made it.

Stew_Blink 04-13-2005 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=pazz_10]I don't think it was right to close the Official Thread on us so early. We had been on topic farily good(which is a surprise). Is there any way we could protest to bring back the Blink 182 Thread. It doesn't feel right in here. I had over 500 posts in that thread their closing it off so, no one can reply anymore, it's stupid. But, I think we should protest against it. I know it sounds retarded but, I think we should.[/QUOTE]

I agree 105% :D It was pointless to close that thread..especially since we just got a new blink thread started..re-open it..if idiots spam like crazy (I've done it before) then ban them..use your mod powers. The mods in this thread don't use their powers..that's why there's so much spam and ****. so to sum it up..RE-OPEN OFFICIAL BLINK THREAD! BAN IDIOTS WHO MAKE DUMB POSTS!..do that and I think everything will become :thumb:

Stew_Blink 04-13-2005 04:25 PM

I do agree with that 100%..I just think if the mods would wake up and see that this thread is dying, then they could maybe do something. Idiot's wouldn't spam as much if they knew they'd actually get banned..I got pissed off at points to..although I did some spamming myself. I say we re-open the thread, if someone spams there banned. That's it..simple and also easy to inforce as long as the mods actually ban and the such.

10571z 04-13-2005 05:01 PM

yeh this thread probably get more post then any other. of a long period of time . other threads just go.

dancetomdance182 04-13-2005 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Independent_CA]I'd have to disagree, Green Day is ahead of blink by a few years. They hit "EOTS Status" back between '93 and '95 with Dookie and Insomniac. Nimrod was ok, but not quite as great as those two albums, Warning was ok, Shennanigans just plain sucked for the most part, and the new album is really good. It sort of marks their return as a band. I read an interview with Billy Joe where he said that before they recorded, they all basically sat down and said "We're 34, why the hell are we still doing this, and you remember that thing you said to me when we were 17? That was not cool." So you see, after a kind of long break, they worked out their differences and made a comeback.[/QUOTE]

I agree Greenday hit mainstream music when they released Dookie. Also, Greenday has accomplished more because they already won 2 grammys. I think that it would be nice if blink won a grammy to finish off their career.