Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pop-Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Official Blink 182 Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327692)

Agent_Orange 04-15-2005 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=felch182]hey fellas, one thing i realised is thatb in the rock forum they have official pantera, beatles etc threads, and some of their band members are dead. So why is it that when blink break up they take away our thread. That really sucks balls.[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense does it.

Independent_CA 04-15-2005 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=felch182]hey fellas, one thing i realised is thatb in the rock forum they have official pantera, beatles etc threads, and some of their band members are dead. So why is it that when blink break up they take away our thread. That really sucks balls.[/QUOTE]
I agree.

As a politics forum regular, I put forth a motion that we revive the OFFICIAL Blink-182 thread. The band is still popular, whether they are broken up or not, people still listen to their music, all of the members are still alive, two of them are still making music, and it is quite possible that they will release another album in the future. In fact, Mark Hoppus said on Fuse last week that there's been talk about a Greatest Hits album with some new stuff on it as well. Given all this information, and what felch mentioned above about long dead (career and physically speaking) bands still having open official threads, I don't see the logic in closing the original thread to begin with. Almost the moment it was closed, this thread was created, and the discussion surrounding blink has continued quite strongly. And finally, whether they are still together or not, they are one of the biggest bands in the history of punk/pop-punk, they deserve their own thread.

If you support re-opening the OFFICIAL blink thread, then go respond to this poll:
[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329212[/url]

Pazz 04-15-2005 01:25 PM

Well, it looks like we're going to get a Blink Thread back. The only question is..Do you guys want the new one or the old one? I say the old one should be re-opened.

Pazz 04-15-2005 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=Virus278]- Pazz, i'm suprised u didn't put Stockholm Sydrome on your list, I thought it was one of your favorite songs[/QUOTE]

I said that? I can't remember that. I can't even remember the song:lol: Because I haven't listened to that song is quite a while.

cobert 04-15-2005 06:52 PM

Almost a week since i got dude ranch....cheshire cat is still better. Most of the songs on dude ranch I like are on MTTS.

dancetomdance182 04-15-2005 07:50 PM

I prefer the old one. Sorry Pazz10.

dancetomdance182 04-15-2005 07:50 PM

I guess the mod is just keeping the new one open..so here is the new official blink thread.

cobert 04-15-2005 08:12 PM

I think this should stay open. I dont see why its necessary to open the old one back up, this ones actually more relevant.

Virus278 04-15-2005 09:47 PM

weird, i was about to put that link in the first post but its already been done. I guess the mods can edit other peoples posts

Virus278 04-15-2005 09:49 PM

Pazz 10 - "Just change the name of it because it's a stupid name."
- do u want me to change the name of this thread?

plaidbassbilly 04-16-2005 06:01 AM

Clown Phobia posted this on the 13/6 2004, in the old Blink thread:

"So if blink were to break up right now... and they released a greatest hits - what should it be like? (songs, order etc.)

I think they should release two greatest hits, Best of 93-97 and Best of 99-01, and leave self titled by itself. That separates blink into three different eras."

I got a weird feeling when I went back and read this, because they HAVE (well, most likely...for the time being) broken up, and Mark was talking about releasing a Greatest Hits. I like the idea of 2 Greatest Hits, but I'd include the self titled on the second one as well.

Pazz 04-16-2005 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=Virus278]Pazz 10 - "Just change the name of it because it's a stupid name."
- do u want me to change the name of this thread?[/QUOTE]

Well, back to Official Blink 182 Thread and I don't know maybe add an "The II" at the end to show it's the newer one.

Stew_Blink 04-16-2005 01:06 PM

Yes, that would work. Just add the "II" to the end to show that it is the new blink thread.

Virus278 04-16-2005 02:41 PM

I edited my first post and changed the name of this thread but when your'e viewing the name of the thread from the forum itself it still says "The New OFFICIAL Blink 182 Thread." (if u dont know what i mean go to the first post and it says "The OFFICIAL Blink 182 Thread II")

Pazz 04-16-2005 02:45 PM

Ask a mod to change it for you. I thought this would happen.

Virus278 04-16-2005 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=plaidbassbilly]Clown Phobia posted this on the 13/6 2004, in the old Blink thread:

"So if blink were to break up right now... and they released a greatest hits - what should it be like? (songs, order etc.)

I think they should release two greatest hits, Best of 93-97 and Best of 99-01, and leave self titled by itself. That separates blink into three different eras."

I got a weird feeling when I went back and read this, because they HAVE (well, most likely...for the time being) broken up, and Mark was talking about releasing a Greatest Hits. I like the idea of 2 Greatest Hits, but I'd include the self titled on the second one as well.[/QUOTE]

Actually "Perverted Pixie Nudist Colony" posted that - but ya, I agree about the Greatest Hits thing

4timesaday 04-16-2005 02:54 PM

blink will be back *sigh*

like i cant just see them stopping without warning... okay they will be gone for a long time... but they will get back... its like when you have a toy and as a kid you played with it to death.. then you got sick of it and put it away... a few years later you find it again and rememberd how much fun you had....

by the end of this year blink should have a greatest songs collection... AND WHY NOT LET US FANS VOTE FOR IT?!!! ... cause i no if the record company have their way itll be most of the last 4 years...... we want carousel and m+ms to get in their.... and if they feel like it they may or may not record a new song or put an unrealesed few on a bonus disc....

then after another year or two WHATS THAT...blink are back... new album, tour,.... the works???!!!!!!!! ...

yeah... well i mightened be acurate on time but theyll be back.... they have to .. they will

Virus278 04-16-2005 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=pazz_10]Ask a mod to change it for you. I thought this would happen.[/QUOTE]

Alright, i just did in the "Tell the Mods v4.0" thread

Independent_CA 04-16-2005 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=4timesaday]blink will be back *sigh*

like i cant just see them stopping without warning... okay they will be gone for a long time... but they will get back... its like when you have a toy and as a kid you played with it to death.. then you got sick of it and put it away... a few years later you find it again and rememberd how much fun you had....

by the end of this year blink should have a greatest songs collection... AND WHY NOT LET US FANS VOTE FOR IT?!!! ... cause i no if the record company have their way itll be most of the last 4 years...... we want carousel and m+ms to get in their.... and if they feel like it they may or may not record a new song or put an unrealesed few on a bonus disc....

then after another year or two WHATS THAT...blink are back... new album, tour,.... the works???!!!!!!!! ...

yeah... well i mightened be acurate on time but theyll be back.... they have to .. they will[/QUOTE]
That they will.

On a completely unrelated topic, do any of you know how to get the Most Recent Poster thing back on when you are looking at the forum? Somehow, mine got turned off a few days ago and I don't know how to get it back.
*Feels like a noob* :upset:

Virus278 04-16-2005 05:35 PM

what most recent poster?

Stew_Blink 04-16-2005 06:14 PM

The same thing happend to mine. About a week ago it dissapeared. I have no idea how to fix it.

ChodaBoy 04-16-2005 06:15 PM

Maybe deleting your cookies, temp internet folders, etc will help. They may reload after it. I duno

rbv 04-16-2005 06:22 PM

the mxtabs skin doesn't have the most recent poster option i believe

BCDRUMMER121 04-16-2005 06:32 PM

hey did travis barker have a different wife when he was on MTV cribs then he does now on Meet The Barkers?

Independent_CA 04-16-2005 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=BCDRUMMER121]hey did travis barker have a different wife when he was on MTV cribs then he does now on Meet The Barkers?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I think her name was Melissa.

Don't you guys notice how on each thread it says (or used to say) Last Post By ...?

dancetomdance182 04-16-2005 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=BCDRUMMER121]hey did travis barker have a different wife when he was on MTV cribs then he does now on Meet The Barkers?[/QUOTE]

I think that he was divorced.

Virus278 04-16-2005 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=Independent_CA]Yes, I think her name was Melissa.

Don't you guys notice how on each thread it says (or used to say) Last Post By ...?[/QUOTE]

Oh ya - now i know what u mean
- is Melissa the one that Travis had Landon with

duncedonkey666 04-16-2005 09:38 PM

BLINK 182 broke up yayayayayayay

Independent_CA 04-17-2005 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=duncedonkey666]BLINK 182 broke up yayayayayayay[/QUOTE]
2 morons in 5 pages, thats still relatively low.

felch182 04-17-2005 02:58 AM

i think we should have a poll. Dude ranch vs chisire cat, which do you prefer. Im a major dude ranch fan.