Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Literature & Lyrics (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Community Thread / Tips and Questions (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295515)

A_Perfect_Sonnet 12-21-2005 12:14 PM

You'd dare strip me of my title?

Edit: check out this band.

[url]http://www.purevolume.com/shediedrealpretty[/url]

TojesDolan 12-21-2005 12:30 PM

Sure why not. :)

I like the intro... pretty dark. I'm not into punk a lot... The vocals seems a bit too forced, though. Not the adding of them, just the singer is stretching way too much.

I'll give it a more through later, ok? :)

mshort813 12-21-2005 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=TojesDoLan]Oh my fuc[size=2]k[/size]ing God mozarella you post a damn lot. :(

You had probably half my postcount early this school year and now it's above me. Really far. Hmmm. Strange little awkward magicians.

On a related note, I watched the movie last year for some Ethics project, so it's not really "back in the day" for me. Just a few months ago.

EDIT: 21 posts away from becoming the highest S&L communty thread poster. :cool:

ok there's no pride in there. :upset:[/QUOTE]
haha and she had it reset a couple times before...and not to mention the fact that she has several other user names with...a lot of posts accounted to them.

mozzy, you're a mod? Prove it. Ban me.

[SIZE="1"]i bet she doesn't even know what a ban is. heh.[/SIZE]

morrissey 12-21-2005 09:58 PM

I only ban people with numbers in their usernames

edit: I remember the days when Vince and I were the top posters in this thread. Ah the antiquity of 04.

Spectrum 12-22-2005 12:44 AM

I remember the days when I actually used to [I]post[/I] in here. Or S&L, period.

Ah, the antiquity of not-school.

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 02:09 AM

I remember the days when none of you losers were in my forum reminiscing about one whole year ago.

morrissey 12-22-2005 02:29 AM

Oct 03

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 02:32 AM

[QUOTE=morrissey]I remember the days when Vince and I were the top posters in this thread. Ah the antiquity of 04.[/QUOTE]
*cough*

There wasn't a community thread in '03. There was LC, and us LCers are the true vets.

RunAmokRampant 12-22-2005 04:16 AM

how long does it take to "become" a vet?

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 04:25 AM

You're a vet (by my standards) when:

1) Almost everyone you used to talk with on MX has left aside from you, save 1 or 2 people.
2) Everything on MX has gotten dramatically worse than it used to be, and you actually start thinking that it was better when you started, even though it was still bad.
3) You've been here (consistently) for at least 1 and a half to 2 years.

All of the above must have taken place.

Dinosawesome 12-22-2005 06:28 AM

Does that make me a vet Burton?

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=FourTouchCombination]Does that make me a vet Burton?[/QUOTE]
Uh, no.

Given rule 1, you aren't even close.

Dinosawesome 12-22-2005 07:04 AM

ah shucks!

Well if that's the case then how does rule 1 apply with rule 3, they sort of contradict one another.

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 07:09 AM

No they don't.

After one and a half to two plus years, most everyone you knew when you started or were good buddies with here should have left, or should be barely posting anymore. Happens to all the vets.

ITRIEDVOODOOONCE 12-22-2005 10:25 AM

so in theory, a couple more months and im the lowest posting vet around :thumb:

A_Perfect_Sonnet 12-22-2005 12:19 PM

Real vets don't talk about how they are vets, or how they aspire to become vets.

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 12:29 PM

Well since you're a vet, I'll take your word for it.

9_9

A_Perfect_Sonnet 12-22-2005 12:40 PM

I don't consider myself one. :P

Jurial and KSE, on the other hand.

EDIT: Burt, does your Destroyer have Infinity 3 and 4 pickups in it?

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 12:56 PM

I have no idea.

They have whichever ones came with it.

Hadji 12-22-2005 02:19 PM

[QUOTE=SubtleDagger]You're a vet (by my standards) when:

1) Almost everyone you used to talk with on MX has left aside from you, save 1 or 2 people.
2) Everything on MX has gotten dramatically worse than it used to be, and you actually start thinking that it was better when you started, even though it was still bad.
3) You've been here (consistently) for at least 1 and a half to 2 years.

All of the above must have taken place.[/QUOTE]
It's funny 'cause it's true.

TojesDolan 12-22-2005 05:28 PM

Meh, I couldn't care less about being a veteran or not. You just get yourself a fake sense of pride based on how much you've been around somewhere, and that's not even close to what quality is.

On a related note, I've been thinking a lot about... Meh what the hell, I'm a bit hung-over and I'm leaving town for a couple of days, probably a week, so I'll probably have fresh stuff to share. :)

And why did I post it here? Because you won't really care, Burt will more likely say something about my stupid statements and no one will really care for my leaving.

And it certainly does not deserve a thread.

MidnightHysteria 12-22-2005 05:30 PM

^^^^^Because you wanted to get closer to being the thread's top poster

TojesDolan 12-22-2005 07:28 PM

Because I realized too late and:

[QUOTE=Burt]No, but there are plenty of spammers on MX who are at least amusing, and I was involved with those sorts of people before I was modded.

The new wave of spammers is just boring, though. They act like S&L community Thread is their stupid blog, or their dumb little community where they can make friends with completely impartial people they don't even know and talk about utterly trivial subjects.[/QUOTE]

I should have never brought up the fact that I'd be the highest poster here. :(

SubtleDagger 12-22-2005 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=TojesDoLan]Because I realized too late and:

I should have never brought up the fact that I'd be the highest poster here. :([/QUOTE]
Ha, nice job changing my quote.

I was talking about The Pit. This thread has almost got over that hump.

Cybergasm 12-22-2005 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=SubtleDagger]I remember the days when none of you losers were in my forum reminiscing about one whole year ago.[/QUOTE]
Whats even worse is those guys who reminisce about two years ago. I mean, what losers, everyone knows that it was going down four years ago.

:p

metaliq 12-23-2005 01:09 AM

I am almost a vet, right?

SubtleDagger 12-23-2005 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=Cybergasm]Whats even worse is those guys who reminisce about two years ago. I mean, what losers, everyone knows that it was going down four years ago.

:p[/QUOTE]
Ha, my point was that cool guys such as you and I don't reminisce about anything. I was being facetious.

/thinks you knew that anyway
[QUOTE=metaliq]I am almost a vet, right?[/QUOTE]
You need to post more.

Hadji 12-23-2005 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=SubtleDagger]Ha, my point was that cool guys such as you and I don't reminisce about anything. I was being facetious.

/thinks you knew that anyway

You need to post more.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could be so cool as to just sit back and talk about people who have enjoyed time on these board. Alas, we can't all be arrogant pricks.

A_Perfect_Sonnet 12-23-2005 11:09 PM

Anyone in here who plays guitar want to recommend me a distortion pedal? I checked out a Zoom606 multi-effect that I liked, but if anyone has a better idea, tell me.

Nightvision 12-24-2005 02:47 AM

the 606 is okay provided you're not huge on wah, as the wah function is pretty weak. Other than that, it's a pretty neat little pedal that does a whole lot reasonably well without doing anything spectacularly. I picked mine up for £60 off ebay, which is pretty good considering how much it does.

Make sure you get an instruction manual though.