Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   lod (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573519)

Sad But True 12-21-2009 12:28 PM

I don't know why it bothers me, but when people totally miss the point of it, it gets on my tits.

overturned 12-21-2009 01:22 PM

Wow. Just wow.

Aes820 12-21-2009 02:57 PM

RATM took the "**** you I won't do what you tell me" bit out of the radio edit version of their song because their record company told them to.

Giga 12-21-2009 04:29 PM

[quote=giga;17709512]is passenger the only deftones song in drop c[/quote]

mnemonic 12-21-2009 04:50 PM

i dno

fingers mccoy 12-21-2009 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=Sad But True;17710066]I'm sorry but no, that's way off the mark.

"people who buy the single are only doing it to participate in something new as the result of good publicity"
How can you possibly say why 900,000+ people joined the group? And the vast majority of the members joined from seeing their friends joining it on Facebook.

There were 600,000 members before it even hit a tv, radio, or anything that wasn't entirely based on the internet. There are a multitude of reasons for taking part, nearly all of which are more relevant than what you're saying. I for one saw someone join it and thought "now that'd be a good idea, I'm going to support this because I'm sick of the X-Factor and the crap it produces".

There was absolutely no publicity that wasn't given by people by their free will; anyone in the media who supported it (and for that matter didn't support it) made that choice for themselves. It was a completely free choice.

The intentions behind the X-Factor's marketing campaign is to get you to buy their song by creating a TV program and playing it twice a week and treating as an entertainment show to get people to watch. Then they get people to vote for their favourite so that they know which will sell the most records, and then release it a week before xmas to make the most profit from the UK's strange obsession with xmas number 1s. Their entire organisation is based on making people want to buy their song.

The rage group had none of that; it was just an idea that people agreed with and supported.[/QUOTE]

look

it has no actual effect on the sales of the x-factor single it just determines which place it gets in the chart it does nothing to the existing x-factor demographic

the only thing that this stunt expresses is a culturally divisive perspective widely held by the middle class

the only reason that this did well is because of good publicity - there was the serafinowicz endorsement coupled with the use of facebook and a pseudopolitical message, as well as the television coverage, which all led to the astronomical sales figures. It's not a new song, and it's one that has already been incredibly commercially successful. The long-tail nature of the downloads market made it incredibly easy for its existing fanbase to purchase the track, which was done with the express purpose of participating in the stunt, as was publicised. If this had been a rerelease, then you would have a point.

do not try to say that there is any reason for this affair outside of its coverage in the press. it can achieve nothing else, apart from the charity proceeds. It is a social phenomenon. Just like the x-factor.

benfan 12-21-2009 05:38 PM

No need to argue. I think its cool that it won. Alot of people took a stand against the X-factor crap and i think thats a good thing. Fair enough it wouldnt of happened without facebook or the media tagging onto it but its still pretty cool nontheless.

fingers mccoy 12-22-2009 06:30 AM

it's cool i just found out it got rage to schedule a bunch of concerts for next year so good on the fans, they got something out of it

i just find the idea of 'taking a stand' against the x factor a bit silly

benfan 12-22-2009 08:01 AM

For me it wasnt really about that, i just think its nice to see some cool rock music get to number 1, after alot of the radio stations where saying it was ****. I also like the idea of all the years hard work bands put into getting big, paying off, as opposed to a couple of months of singing covers in front of a tv camera to people who have nothing better to do than watch a reality tv show.

JoshIsNumber3 12-22-2009 12:25 PM

Almost a million people bleating like sheep.

Squirrel 12-22-2009 12:54 PM

lmao yeah josh amazing hows it going you still lifting

or are you gonna be a pussy and ignore me again lmao

sorry about all the ****in pwns i used on msn like a year ago or sth you seem to be still hurting from them

Blue_Moon 12-22-2009 01:29 PM

i think my christmas shopping is done

thank ****, god i hate it

4 hours of madness ill never get back

Crapdragoon 12-22-2009 01:32 PM

straight THRU THE KALI KO NIKKA

Left Face Down 12-22-2009 10:18 PM

Christmas shopping was so easy this year, because I didn't do it. That is what happens when no one in your family has a friggin job. I got two Bachelor Degrees and a Minor from LSU, I'm good for Christmas. Though would it be too much to ask for a job offer too?

leomondaine 12-22-2009 11:17 PM

****ING BALLS IN MY ***, IT STILL EXISTS

sup lod

purple_hazer 12-23-2009 01:36 AM

whats up lemon, do you still have that lee jackson preamp?

El-Ahrairah 12-23-2009 03:51 AM

[QUOTE=Left Face Down;17713462]Christmas shopping was so easy this year, because I didn't do it. That is what happens when no one in your family has a friggin job. I got two Bachelor Degrees and a Minor from LSU, I'm good for Christmas. Though would it be too much to ask for a job offer too?[/QUOTE]

Planning on getting a Master's? If you're mad you could still try the academic carreer thing.

BTW: The Atomic Bitchwax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNgOxD1lQNw&feature=related

jaklyons 12-23-2009 10:10 AM

sup lemonade

motogrifo 12-23-2009 04:39 PM

I bought a bass and a coat yesterday, I'm poor again today =/

Left Face Down 12-23-2009 07:19 PM

[QUOTE=El-Ahrairah;17713944]Planning on getting a Master's? If you're mad you could still try the academic carreer thing.

[/QUOTE]

Well the last couple of years haven't exactly been kind to my families economic status. The original plan, when the economy was good, was to try to find a job that would possibly pay for my master's. Though with the loss of my father in 2007, 4/5 of my families income at the time, and the collapse of the economy which killed my mother's business recently we are just sitting on money.

We are probably in a better position than most people, but it is still going to be rough if the job market doesn't take some speed or something by mid-next year. We aren't financially going to collapse, lose our house or anything like you see in the news. Though that is because we have the money to pay off our debts (House/cars) in the bank, and then some. Though savings only last for so long.

Blue_Moon 12-23-2009 09:32 PM

chill out lfd n get high

it will be good 4 u

moooooooooooooooooooooon riverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mnemonic 12-24-2009 01:42 AM

yeah lfd, come hang with me, we'll smoke fat blunts

purple_hazer 12-24-2009 01:52 AM

i got lungs on that sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t max! we can invite dank Metaljonus and dave

maybe not dave, he doesnt round here no more it seems

mnemonic 12-24-2009 02:02 AM

yeah tru i wish i had more smoking buddies, since one of my friends split i'm down to 1

also i havent smoked in a while, this semester has been eating up all my time. my roomie and were gonna go blaze before i left, but we were too lazy to roll a j so we just got drunk instead

motogrifo 12-24-2009 02:31 AM

pot is for pussies, try fungus

purple_hazer 12-24-2009 03:08 AM

the fungus is among us!!

mnemonic 12-24-2009 03:45 AM

mota, your christmas avatar is relevant again!

Blue_Moon 12-24-2009 10:09 AM

jees pissed last night

12 bars of christmas is dangerous, beer long island iced teas and jager everywhere

Sad But True 12-24-2009 11:29 AM

Played a gig tuesday night, went awesome went back to my mate's house because his conservatory, is a bar. There's seriously a bar, optics, pumps, fridges with bottles of beer, and his dad came down at 3:30m me thinking he's gonna moan, but instead brings a bottle of 18 year scotch whiskey. Stayed up drinking that till about 6:30am, then fell over and slept where I fell.

/lodjournal

jaklyons 12-24-2009 12:27 PM

Fu[size=2]c[/size]k whiskey.